Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Oversleeping, power of the tongue...

Hey...

Today was good.
Woke up late. I kept on snoozing my alarm till I actually checked it, saw the time and ran to have a shower. Ran/fast walked to the bus stop. Couldn't run properly because of icy roads. I will rather be late than end up in the hospital with a broken bits.
Thank God for the nice driver who waited. He had a nice smile and gorgeous eyes :-) *I still had time to look at his face. Smh*

I still ended up being 12 minutes late or so. I wasn't too bothered. It was not an important class. Got an e-mail alert from my phone service provider letting me know my bill was ready.
Checked it and it was triple the normal amount. I was mad. I ported my pay as you go number to my contract number in October and since then, everything has being MESSED up with my price plan.
I am fed up and I'm going to let someone have it tomorrow. I can't pay the ridiculous amount I am have being billed. It is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Anyhoo, a few days ago, I was watching the news with my mum and heard about the nurse who is alleged to have committed suicide after a prank call from DJs in Australia. I was gobsmacked. It's just sunk in that the sad deed actually happened.
I don't really know what to say about it. On one hand, I feel sorry for the DJs. They couldn't have predicted the outcome. On the other hand, I wonder why and how they were able to play a prank like that. Did they not realise that this is the UK. The royal family are so loved up and it could have cost someone their job or some sort of disciplinary action being taken up against the staff member? Sadly, the nurse who picked up committed suicide.
Some say she might have had other issues previously and this pushed her over. Others say she was ridiculed and felt she was going to be made a laughingstock (very common here especially with the media. They go on and on about one thing that it makes you want to smack them all) and be fired or something.
I feel sorry for her family.

I have learnt to think well before I play any prank on anyone again. My brother plays a lot of pranks on people and we all laugh about it, but we don't realise the effect it has on those people. I have learnt, albeit through a tragedy that somethings should not be taken too far or even far at all. I don't know what pressures people are facing in their lives and what I do and take as a joke might be what pushes them over.

God forbid my words, lack of words, actions and or lack of actions will be what pushes someone over the edge to death.
The power of life and death is in the tongue.

On a different note, don't you hate it when people ask, pester and bug you wit questions about yourself and when you ask them a question, they evade it and beat around the bush. I have this acquaintance who does it a lot in Church. She's smart and all, but I am beginning to think she does it to fuel her ego. Maybe she doesn't do it on purpose though. It might be a learned habit. Her mum does it a lot. I wonder what they do with all the information. I simply just tell them 'yes', 'no' these days. I am quite reserved and private, so it's like pulling teeth for me to talk. I just get so annoyed when they keep on probing. Why or how does it affect you that I'm home this weekend? Is it your business? Do you want to help you with something that you're so curious?
After the programme on Saturday and a lot of evading questions from acquaintance, on Sunday, I saw her in Church and said 'hello, I really like your Nigerian skirt'. She got all cold on me. I thought to myself, how sad are you. She might have been stand offish for any other reason apart from my attitude towards her asking questions and slightly ignoring her to stop her from asking more questions on Saturday, but as far as I was concerned, I didn't see why she would be so cold, so I assumed that was the reason.
Anyhoo, I frankly don't give a hoot. In a way, I'm glad. One questioning person off my back.

I love what I do now even though it's a bit difficult. I wonder if anyone knows anyone in the construction industry... I want a mentor. How does one go about having a mentor?

I hope everyone is having a nice week.

PS: I'm so happy for Vera from verastic.com She's engaged now! Yayy. I've been following her blog for some time now. I pray everything works out for good for her and her fiance.

Everyone is getting married/engaged these days. My mum has been talking about me praying and all that. I just give her a blank look. Let me finish school first before we get to that mbok.

Anyway, congratulations to other newly engaged or 'oldly' engaged couples. I pray God perfects everything for you all.

I'll be back. DV. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what...?