Thursday, 6 December 2012

Question 2

So VCFF (Very Close Female Friend) sent me a link to this video...
It made me think of Nigeria as a person and in comparisons to other people (other countries), I realized Nigeria is quite young. I mean, really really young compared with countries like the 236 years old United States of America or Great Britain which some people believe has been around since the 5th century. I'll have to check up for something definite, but you get you get my drift...
It made me wonder if we are doing Nigeria a disfavour by comparing her to other developed and or fast paced developing countries? I mean, all these countries we 'run' to in the West, they once passed through the stage Nigeria is going through now or I lie? If that is the case, does it mean that it will be 30 generations or whatever number of generations down the line DV that will end up seeing a normalized (in every sense of the word) Nigeria? I say this because I'm following the timeline of 'developed' countries, how they started out in the beginning with so much confusion, civil wars, trying to find their identity and whatnots in their 'youth' and how the older they got, the better they got...
Does that mean that when these 'developed' countries are like 500 years old, Nigeria will just be getting to where they are now or...?

Then again, with all the development and technology, one will think Nigeria will see how other nations are faring well, will be embarrassed and as my mummy says, 'buckle up'. I mean, the 'developed' countries now didn't have all the technology we have now. They didn't have the knowledge that is easily shared around the world, they didn't have any one(country) to look up to as a role model. They did as they saw fit. It was trial and error.
I would have thought that Nigeria is privileged to have been 'born' in a time in which she has other people(countries) to look up, to ask for help and guidance from. I would have thought that Nigeria has a host of people(countries) to ask to be her mentor. Or has colonialism still left us feeling bullied that we cower and hide in fear and bitterness, refusing to grow up?
Anyway, I'm getting a headache thinking about Nigeria. She's a blessed country filled with patient people though I don't know how long they will be patient for in these day and time.

Soooo these are the next set of questions I'll answer.

14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
 I love them. It'll be harder because of the fear of rejection, but then I'll probably still say it because I'll rather know than wonder... Wondering will even be harder.

15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
 Eating snickers. I've tried to do so and I always run back to it. It'll be hard to lose because it is the perfect chocolate bar.
On a serious note, reading. I love to read and learn about things I find interesting. I love reading and knowing random facts. It'll be hard to lose because I will be pretty much lost and a sad case if I don't read anymore.

16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
 Yesterday. My mummy.

17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month you would change and why?
 The moment I sent an e-mail that I'm still not so sure I should have sent, but I'm relieved I did.

18.Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?
 :-). Next question pleasee...

19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
 Ahh... You see, I have OCD. I don't like anything that's not germ-free and clean. One of my friends says I'm quickly becoming like Adrian Monk in the Monk tv series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Monk
I don't know. I will most likely stick to the chest compressions. I mean, what if as I'm doing the mouth to mouth and the homeless person was drunk before he passed out and he comes around and throws up IN MY MOUTH LIKE NOOO OO. There's being this debate that mouth to mouth is no more effective than just doing the chest compressions. I belive the theory that mouth to mouth is not effective and with that in mind, I will.

21.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
 My grandmother. Going by the age of my paternal grandmother, she's close in her 90s or getting there. She's had the opportunity to live life and well, it's the logical thing to do. My maternal grandmother isn't as old, so I might be a bit hmm with her.
Then again, do I want to let a child who has known no suffering and pain live and see how rubbish the world is now? I am not God abeg, so stop asking all these funny JAMB questions *stomps feet and walks away angrily*

22. Are you old fashioned?
 Unashamedly and unrepentantly YES. I sometimes wonder if I was not born in the wrong century, then I look at all the technology around now and tell myself I wasn't.
But in my way of thinking, I tend to be old-fashioned.

23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
 Last month. It's quite difficult to be nice without expecting niceness or something back in return for me anyway. However, in another twist, if I see someone in trouble or someone who really needs help, I'll help or give or sacrifice something without expecting anything back. Am I still considered to be altruistic? 
When we say 'thank you' we expect a 'you're welcome' or some sort of acknowledgement in return. Should we not expect any acknowledgement?
When people say they like to help others because in the process of helping others, they feel good about themselves, so in a way they are technically helping others for the feel good factor or? I don't know. This was supposed to be a simple question, why am I over analysing it?
Next question abeg...

24.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
 Hmm... Some people say if you've never loved, you've not lived. Others say what you don't know won't hurt you. My adventurous side will go with true love and broken heart, but logical side says never loved at all. If I don't know what love does to one, then I'm fine. I'll wake up, go to work or school, eat, watch tv, read, go for concerts, be happy in my state of blissful unawareness of love and yep, I go with never loved at all.

25.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
 That I make it to heaven with everyone on earth. No one goes to hell.
When I think of eternity in hell, as in FOREVER! Not coming out in 9999999... trillion years. There is no countdown to look forward to leaving hell, it makes me shudder. I don't want even the people I dislike to go to hell. We can all commit malice in heaven. It is a big enough place for us all to live without hopefully bumping into each other.

So today is Thursday. Hmm. I like, no love peas. I have a headache. I've just begged and bribed my brother to go to the corner shop to get me some snickers. Yum.

I'll be back. DV.
Toodles. x

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. By the way Luciano, when is the 'Eyes of an eagle IV' coming out?
      I like your stories. Spent ome evening reading them all. They're really good.

      Delete
  2. You obviously think things through and that's good. I wish people could do this more often!
    As for Naija, e go better in Jesus name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to and I guess some people don't because they might not like what they find when they do which is fair and life is too short to spend it all thinking.
      Amen!
      Thanks for your comment Afronuts. Love your blog by the way.

      Delete
  3. There is always a yard stick to measure something, or someone as a role model....so comaparing Nigeria with developed countries to me is fair, because if someone does not see another person's farmland, he will say his father's farm is the biggest! It is more of a challenge. Like what oga afronut said, e go beta.
    Thanks for visiting and following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'If someone does not see another person's farmland, he will say his father's farm is the biggest!'
      So true. It's a challenge that the leaders (and people?) are not willing to stand up to.
      E really must to beta o. Nigeria can't go on like this forever with a think rope holding her together. Just about holding her together.

      Thank you too for visiting and following.x

      Delete

Say what...?